|Place Of Origin||Tamaran|
|Friends/Allies||Robin,Beast Boy,Cyborg,Raven,Silkie(pet/bumgorf), Aang, Katara, Sokka, Toph, Zuko|
|Powers & Abilities|| Flight
Energy projection (colored bright green) Starbolt shields Starbolt blasts Starbolt bursts Starbolt beams Starbolt waves Starbolt eye beams Accelerated healing factor Superhuman strength Superhuman endurance Superhuman durability Superhuman agility Superhuman reflexes Language assimilation (lip contact) Invulnerability Self-sustenance Experienced hand-to-hand combatant Radiation Immunity
|First Appearance||The Arrival|
|Last Appearance|| Unknown
Starfire is an alien princess from the distant world, Tamaran, and one of the five founding members of the Teen Titans. She is also Robin's main love interest and finally becomes his girlfriend by the end of the show.
Despite her beauty, Starfire is joyous, naive, and somewhat insecure, but her naivete is not to be mistaken for stupidity. An alien and an outsider, she is still rather new to Earth and its customs. (For example, she did not understand what a boy meant when he asked if she was "diggin' the scene" when she was at a party, and stated, confused, "I did not know we were supposed to bring shovels.") This leads to much confusion for her and others, such as the awkwardness in casually drinking mustard as a beverage, and thinking cotton candy and cotton balls are the same thing. She takes friendship very seriously, and is easily distressed when others, especially her friends, argue or fight. Starfire is particularly indignant to the point of snubbing her teammates when she believes they do not care for her friendship or company. She is arguably the most social of the Titans, regularly meditating with Raven, or lifting weights with Cyborg. Above all, she wishes to be friends with everyone she meets, and for everyone to get along. She also insists on sharing her own customs with other members of the team (such as providing a crown of raw meat to be worn on one's birthday), but doesn't generally take offense when they don't understand or refuse her. In one instance, she lies about a holiday celebrated by destroying drapery and blows up a window to explain an accidentally torn curtain; an act that barely registers as odd behavior by the others. Presumably because English is not her first language, Starfire speaks without contractions, and misuses idioms (e.g. "Kick the butt!" as opposed to "Kick butt!" or "The mall of shopping" instead of "shopping mall" as well as "lobstery" instead of "crabby"). Additionally, she uses several Tamaranean nouns, such as "bumgorf" (term of endearment towards one's own child), "K'norfka" (parent or guardian), "clorbag valblernelk" (insulting term), "G'lufnog" (bless you; said after one sneezes), and "shlorvak" (dream).
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Flight: Starfire is able to fly at considerable speeds and heights. Like most of her powers, it's linked to her emotions; she can achieve flight through unbridled joy.
- Energy Projection: Starfire can project bright green-colored energy from her hands, activated by righteous fury. She mainly discharges circular bolts of pure radioactive energy, called starbolts. Her starbolts produce both thermal and explosive results on contact, and are usually launched as thrown projectiles. However, she has also been shown to shoot this energy in the form of large beams from her hands. Starfire can augment the effectiveness of her punches by surrounding her hands in energy, and can also use this method to weld or carefully burn through obstacles with contact from her hands. On rare occasions, Starfire has been known to release from her entire body an omnidirectional blast of energy, which can destroy most of everything around her in a very wide perimeter, or act as a temporary defensive barrier.
- Laser-Eye Beams: After going through the Tamaranean version of puberty (a process referred to as "the Transformation"), Starfire gained the ability to discharge energy from her eyes. Though not as destructive as her regular starbolts, these beams can be fired continuously in a steady stream, and are more precise. They also give her the element of surprise for when her hands are restrained.
- Arial Flight: By feeling unbridled joy, Starfire can achieve wingless flight on her own willpower. In space, she can travel at nearly light speed, and her strength is not diminished when airborne.
- Radiation Immunity: Starfire is naturally immune and resistant to radiation, as stated in Snowblind.
- Superhuman Agility & Enhanced Reflexes: As a Tamaranean, Starfire possesses highly advanced agility endurance, durability, reflexes and stamina tenfold. Her natural fighting skills are much greater when in conjunction with her superhuman reflexes, durability, and agility. She is able to remain awake and battle for several hours on end.